The objectives of the Organisation are:
1. To demand improvements to the existing road in the short-term.
2. To campaign for the delivery of a high quality A38 in Cornwall.
3. To reflect the interests of local communities throughout the possible road improvement areas ensuring that the A38 trunk road is made safer and ‘fit for purpose’.
4. To represent the views and interests of the Organisation regarding the A38 trunk road to national government, local elected councils, Highways England and other interested bodies.
5. To raise awareness of the health issues associated with poor air quality and to campaign for actions to tackle air pollution particularly in areas already designated as Air Quality Management Areas.
6. To assist in the improvement of communication in the widest sense with relation to the A38 trunk road and its upgrade to expressway standard throughout its length within Cornwall.
Problems with the existing road
Tideford air pollution hotspot
Low bridge causing HGV diversion
Unsafe road design
At-grade junctions on dual carriageway
Delays causing waste of time and money
Make YOUR opinion heard!
The Department for Transport are currently inviting the views of users of the Strategic Road Network and people affected by the roads. The A38 in Cornwall is part of this network. They are about to start the allocation of the funding for the second part of their Road Investment Strategy (RIS2).
This covers the period from 2020 to 2025. We can't afford to miss out on this round of investment. How many more accidents could there be in another 5 years? The email address for representations is: RISFuture.email@example.com. Every submission will add weight to the case for urgent improvement.
Our MP, Sheryll Murray, can be contacted at: or Sheryll Murray MP, Winsor Place, Liskeard, PL14 4BH.
Let her know your opinions so she can make the case for this road at Westminster.
Contribute to the costs of running the group.
All of us who have helped start the group are doing it on a purely voluntary basis. There are, however, costs involved in running the website, printing publicity material etc.
We invite supporters to contribute £5 per household on a one-off basis. Our accounts will be published and once our objectives have been reached, surplus funds (if any) will be donated to the road safety charity RoSPA.
If you can, please pay directly into our account:
Safer A38 and Future Expressway
Account number; 59890168
Sort code; 30 98 97 (Lloyds)
Using your name as reference if you wish.
Chairman; James Millidge
Treasurer; Steve Jackson
To campaign for a safe A38 trunk road and future expressway, in order that road safety is improved. To enable the economy of Cornwall and the wider South West to thrive through the provision of a high-quality road and to work to provide a safe environment for residents living alongside the route.